Joined: Jun 2008
On the authority of Abu Umaamah Al-Baahilee (May Allaah be pleased with him) he said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) say:
"While I was sleeping two men came to me and took me by my arms and brought me to a steep mountain and said to me: "Climb!" I said, "I don't have the ability to do so." They said "indeed we will make it easy for you" so I began to climb. I climbed until I came to the summit of the mountain where I heard terrible cries. I said, "What are these voices?" They replied, "That is the howling of the people of the Fire." Then they took me further on until I came to a people who were strung by their hamstrings, with their jawbones torn and flowing with blood. I said, "Who are these individuals?" They said, "These are the people who break their fast before the time at which they may do so." Then they continued on with me, we came to people who had the most severe swelling, most repugnant stinch, and worst appearance. I said, "Who are these people?" It was said, "These are the males and females who committed Zinaa" (Fornication and/or Adultery). Then they took me and we came across some women whose breasts were being bitten by snakes. I said, " What is the situation of these women? It was said, "These are the women who prevent their children from their breast milk." Then they took me and I came across some children playing between two rivers. I said, "Who are these children?" It was said, "These are the offspring of the believers." Then I was given an honor, I was with three individuals who where drinking some wine of theirs. I said, "Who are these individuals?" They said, "This is Ibraheem, Moosaa and Eesaa and they are waiting for you."
(An-Nisaa-ee in al-Kubraa 2/234, Ibn Hibban # 7491, Ibn Khuzaymah # 1986, Authenticated by Al Imaam Al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Targheeb #1005)
Benefits from the hadeeth:
1. The dreams of the Prophets are revelation.
2. The punishment of the hellfire will be a miserable one.
3. It is prohibited for one to break his fast in Ramadhaan without a legislated excuse before the sunsets.
4. If one does so, this is the punishment that he/she is entitled to.
5. Zinaa is an evil and despicable path, therefore the fornicator/adulterer are punished with the most evil and despicable punishment.
6. A woman who deprives her child from her breast milk without a valid legislated excuse is committing a major sin, just as the other acts mentioned are major sins due to there being a punishment mentioned for it in the hereafter.*
7. The children of the believers who have died are in Paradise. This is in general. As for saying that a specific child is there, without any text, is incorrect. Indeed, Allaah knows that which they would have done.
8. The virtue of Ibraheem, Moosaa, and Eesa (Alayhimus Salaam)
9. The promise that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) will be in Paradise.
10. Being in the company of the Prophets is an honor.
11. Khamr will be allowed in the hereafter for the believers.
12. The warning to keep away from these evil affairs by way of the Prophet (allallaahu alayhi wa sallam) informing us about the punishments that he saw for them.
Bint Muhammad Ali
Umm yahya bint muhammed