Joined: Jul 2006
The Names of 'Firqaat an-Najiyyah' (Saved Sect) and their meanings!
The Noble Shaykh, Al-'Allaamah Doctor Saalih bin Fawzaan Al-Fawzaan said:
As this sect is the only sect safe from going astray, it is required to know its various names and characteristics, so you can follow it . It has great names which distinguish it from the other sects, and most important of these names and characteristics are:
Firqaat an-Najiyya (Saved Sect), Taaifah al-Mansoorah (Victorious Group), Ahlu Sunnah wal-Jama'ah (People of Sunnah and Jama'ah), and the meaning of them are as follows:
- As for Firqaat an-Najiyya (Saved Sect), they are the ones saved from the hell-fire, since the Prophet -sallalaahu 'alaihi wasallam- said, ( كلها في النار إلا واحدة ) "All are in the hell-fire except one". This means, they are not in the hell-fire.
- They adhere to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet - sallalaahu 'alaihi wasallam - and it was the first ones of the former migrants and supporters who said the Prophet - peace be upon him -: (who was like what I am today and my friends). Aand they upon that which the first of the Muhaajiroon and Ansaar are upon, who said that the Prophet - sallalaahu 'alaihi wasallam -:( هم من كان على مثل ما أنا عليه اليوم وأصحابي ) "They are upon what I and my companions are upon today."
- * And their people are Ahlu Sunnah wal-Jama'ah (People of Sunnah and Jama'ah: They are a distinguished by two great distinguishing factors:
1. They hold on to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah - sallalaahu 'alaihi wasallam -to the point that they became its people. But as for the other sects they hold on to their own whims and desires, and they are not attributed to the sunnah, but they are attributed to bid'ah and misguidance as it is with Qadariyyah and Murji'ah, or they are attributed to their founders as it is with Jamiyyah, or they are attributed to their ugly actions as it is with Raafidah and Khawarij.
2. The second factor is: And they are the people of the Jama'ah, they gather themselves upon Haqq (truth) and not upon Tafarruq (separation, sectarianism). But as for the other sects they do not gather themselves upon Haqq, but they follow their whims and desires.
- * They are the Taaifah al-Mansoorah (Victorious Group) up until the Day of Qiyamah, because they give victory to the Deen of Allaah and Allaah gives them victory, as Allaah ta'ala said: (إِنْ تَنْصُرُوا اللهَ يَنْصُرْكُمْ ) ( If you help (in the cause of) Allýh, He will help you, and make your foothold firm). (Muhammad 47:7) and as the Prophet - sallalaahu 'alaihi wasallam - ( لا يضرهم من خذلهم ولا من خالفهم حتى يأتي أمر الله تبارك وتعالى وهم على ذلك ) "those who abandon them will not harm them, until the command of Allaah tabaaraka wata'aala comes about".
Translated from sahab.net
Aboo 'Ubaydah Ahmad Nishwan ibn 'Alee al-Maraduwee