Joined: Jul 2005
Yahya ibn Awn said: I was with Sahnoon when we visited Ibn ul Qassaar who was lying sick.
Sahnoon said to him, "Why are you worried?"
Ibn ul Qassaar answered, "Because of death and because I will come to Allaah."
Sahnoon said: "Don't you believe in
Ibn ul Qassaar replied: I swear by Allaah that I do (believe in this)!
- the Messengers,
- Judgement day,
- The reckoning,
- that Abu Bakr and thereafter Umar are the best people of this Ummah,
- that the Qur'an is the speech of Allah and that it is not created,
- that one will see Allaah on Yawm ul Qiyamah,
- that He has istawa (risen above) His Throne,
- and that it is forbidden to revolt against the rulers even if they are unjust?
Sahnoon then said: Die if you want to, die if you want to!
source: Siyar A'laam Al-Nubalaa' 12/67
Hope someone can give more info regarding these Aimmah of the Salaf and also give a takhreej of this narration. WAllaahu aalam.