Joined: Nov 2002
All Praise be to Allaah,Lord of the Worlds, and may the peace and blessings be upon the chief of all the Messengers and upon his family and all of his Companions. |
As salaamu 'alaikum
I just wanted to point to a very good E-book on Al-Ibaanah.com called "Al-Buyoo' al-Munhee'anhee fil-Islaam"[Forbidden Business Transactions in Islaam] by the noble scholar,Shaikh Saalih bin Fawzaan Al-Fawzaan,May Allaah preserve him. Good for the merchant and the buyer. BarakAllaahu feekum
The Shaikh, May Allaah preserve him , touches on the following forbidden transactions as he states:
" However, this buying and selling must be set with religious guidelines , so that the Muslim can avoid falling into forbidden treansactions and unlawful forms of earning. The Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has forbidden us from certain types of business transactions due to what they contain from sinful means of earning and what is found in them from dangers to mankind and the taking of wealth unjustly. From these types of prohibited transactions are:"
1. When the buying and selling keeps one preoccupied from performing worship.
2. Selling a forbidden commodity.
3. Selling musical and entertainment instruments.
4. Selling images(i.e. pictures, statues)
5. Selling Tapes in which are recorded immoral songs.
6. Selling something that the buyer will use towards committing Haraam.
7. When a man sell something that he doesn't own.
8. The 'Aynah Transaction(meaning explained in the e-book).
9. An-Najash(meaning explain. in the e-book).
10. When a muslim conducts a sale on top of the sale of his brother.
11. The Deceptive Sale.
the Shaikh ends by making du'a
"We ask Allaah to pardon and forgive us and you, and He make our rizq(sustenance) Halaal and the He make our earnings Halaal. And we ask Him to provide us from His vast Bounty.
O Allaah suffice us with what You have made Halaal over that which You made Haraam, and (suffice us) with Your Bounty over that of others desides You. And forgive us, have mercy on us and accept our repentance. Verily, You are the One who accepts Repentance, the Bestower of Mercy. And may the peace and blessings of Allaah be on Allaah's Messenger."
السلم عليكم ورحمةالله
زاهر(Aboo Abdur-Rahmaan Zaahir Al Buerto Riki)
سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك
أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت
أستغفرك وأتوب إليك