|Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah |
Foundations Which Worship Is Built Upon From The Words of Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan
|Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah) stated: |
Indeed the worship, which Allaah has legislated, is built upon established fundamentals and foundations that can be summed up in the following (points):
1. Ebaadah (worship) is Tawqeefiyyah. This means there is no place for (personal) views regarding it. Rather, it is a must that the legislator of it is Allaah. As Allaah said to His Prophet:
So stand (ask Allaah to make) you (Muhammad, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) firm and straight (on the religion of Islamic Monotheism) as you are commanded and those (your companions) who turn in repentance (unto Allaah) with you, and transgress not (Allaah's legal limits). [Soorah Hud: 112]
Allaah also states:
Then We have put you (O Muhammad, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) on a (plain) way of (Our) commandment [like the one which We commanded Our Messengers before you (i.e. legal ways and laws of the Islamic Monotheism)]. So follow you that (Islamic Monotheism and its laws), and follow not the desires of those who know not. [Soorah al-Jaathiyah: 18]
And Allaah [commanded His Prophet to say]:
I only follow that which is revealed to me. [Soorah al-Ahqaaf: 9]
The shaykh (hafidhahullaah) mentioned five other foundations:
|2. It is a must that the Ebaadah (worship) be for Allaah alone, free from any of the affairs of Shirk (polytheism). |
3. It is a must that the example (to be followed) in the acts of Ebaadah (worship) and the one who clarifies it, is the messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).
4. Ebaadah (worship) is limited/regulated by times and amounts. It is not permissible to transgress and go beyond them.
5. It is a must that the Ebaadah is established upon loving Allaah, lowering oneself to Him, fearing Him, and hoping in His reward.
6. The obligation of Ebaadah does not cease (to be upon the person) from the time of his reaching the state of puberty until the time of his death.
Source: To read the proofs and the explanations for them - the remainder of this excellent scholarly benefit - click on the headline, or [url=http://31097.multiply.com/journal/item/62/Foundations_Which_Worship_Is_Built_Upon_From_The_Words_of_Shaykh_Saalih_al-Fawzaan_may_Allaah_preserve_him]here[/url]
Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk
If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.