|dksadiq||-- 04-12-2010 @ 5:11 AM|
The following information is modified from an e-mail I received a few years ago. May Allah reward the brother who sent the original e-mail.
as-Salaam 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,
A number of scholarships are available yearly at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia ( www.kfupm.edu.sa ) for B.Sc. holders interested in Masters (M.Sc.) and M.Sc. holders interested in Doctorate (PhD) degrees. The University is apparently quite strong in some fields.
Engineering - Architectural, Construction Engineering and Management, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum, Aeronautics, Telecommunication (Electrical), Computer Networks (Computer), Systems.
Science - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science (Geology, Geophysics), Computer Science, Medical Physics (Physics), Environmental Sciences, City and Regional Planning
Management - Accounting, Business Administration
[This list may be missing some courses. Please check the website for a complete current list of courses. Also, for other courses, one may try King Saud University: www.ksu.edu.sa]
1. B.Sc. GPA about 3.0/4.0 (3.75/5.0, 5.25/7.0)
2. Good score in GRE ( www.ets.org/gre ) $160 / $190
3. Good score in TOEFL (www.ets.org/toefl ) About $170
Deadlines (for the current session, should be similar in future sessions):
1. April 15 for September admission same year (Fall)
2. October 21 for February admission following year (Spring)
[I realize the deadline for the Fall application is perhaps too close, so please forgive me for the late information but perhaps, anyone interested could start the process for Spring admission insha'Allah.]
1. Opportunity to live in a Muslim country, amongst the Muslims where the law of the Land is based upon Islam. Alhamdulillaah.
2. Accessibility to Makkah & Madeenah. Hajj is (relatively) easy as well as many 'Umrahs insha'Allah.
3. Opportunity to learn the Arabic Language & Authentic Islaam.
4. Opportunity to obtain a job afterwards, that would insha'Allah enable you to live in Saudi Arabia for some years.
Note: Despite these benefits, KFUPM may not necessarily be your best option (especially for brothers from the West). Please research and consider all your options and all your affairs before deciding.
1. Free Tuition
2. Free Housing
3. Free Two-way air ticket (start and end of program)
4. Free Course text books
5. Monthly Stipend during their stay
6. Subsidized medical care and meals.
1. Research Assistant (M.Sc.)
2. Lecturer B (PhD)
The best and easiest way to apply is via the Online Application (http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/preonline.asp). You would also need:
2. Official Transcripts
3. Statement of purpose (an essay about your career/research goals)
4. 3 Recommendation Letters.
5. GRE (for Science & Engr programs); GMAT (for Business Adm. & Accounting programs) & TOEFL scores.
There may be some allowance for some who may not have some of the above requirements. You can contact me for more information insha'Allaah.
Admission information: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/_Information.asp
Interested persons can contact me (via PM or e-mail) for more information.
May Allah bless you and grant us the best,
Your brother in Islam,
Damilola Sadiq Owodunni (dkSadiq).