|Allaamah Dr. Saalih al-Fawzaan was asked, "You and your brothers from the ulemaa in this country are Salafiyoon, and all praise is due to Allaah, and your way in advising the rulers in is conformity with the Shareeaah as the Messenger (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) has clarified, and we do not purify anyone above Allaah. And there are some people who criticise you for not publicly rejecting the mistakes, which occur (from the rulers). And others excuse you and say that you are under pressure from the state. So do you have something to say by way of guidance and clarification for these people?" |
The Shaykh replied, "There is no doubt that the rulers, like other than them from mankind, are not infallible from error, so advising them is obligatory. However trying to reach out to them from the gatherings and the pulpits is considered to be the impermissible backbiting and it is a greater evil than the evil which emanates from the rulers because it is backbiting, and due to the fact that it implants fitnah and splitting of the ranks and it impacts the spreading of the dawah.
So it is obligatory to convey the advice to them by reliable means, not by exposition and spreading. As for attacking the ulemaa of this land by saying that they do not advise or that they are suppressed, then this is a false accusation by which the separation between the ulemaa and the people and the society is intended such that is easy for the one who intends corruption to implant his evil. This is because when bad thoughts about the ulemaa are spread, then the confidence in the ulemaa is lost and there arises an opportunity for those who have desires and intentions to spread their poison. And I believe that this ideology is a conspiracy from outside this land and its perpetrators are of foreign origin. So it is necessary for the Muslims to beware of this."
|[url=http://salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=10460]Allaamah Dr. Alee Naasir al-Faqeehee[/url], when asked about the reasons for the presence of doubts about the scholars in the context of ruling by the Shari'ah of Allaah and the desire of the political activists to establish it, replied: "Verily, the way of these people is just like those of the very first times in that they desire to separate the youth from the Scholars when they say, "the scholars do not understanding anything and when they speak evil about the key figures of the Ummah from amongst the Scholars. They also cause doubts about these scholars by their actions, so they say, "they do not understand anything of current affairs, and nor of the affairs of the society or what Islaam requires [in the current times], they only understand specific issues such as what is said for example, "the issues of womens menses and impurities". |
Something similar was stated by their likes (of the earlier times) as occurs in the book of ash-Shatibi "al-I'tisam" when he mentions about a person from the Innovators that he said, "the thought of Ibn Seereen and Hasan al-Basri is one that does not extend beyond the cloths of menstruation"!! And another one said, "Certainly, the thought of ash-Shafi'ee and Abu Haneefah does not go beyond the women's undergarments"!!
This is what is meant, that those scholars, such as Hasan al-Basri, Ibn Seereen, Imaam ash-Shafi'ee, Imaam Abu Haneefah, those who are leaders of the Ummah, they say about them that they do not understand anything but that.
As for these contemporary ones, then they have come out with the same claims but with different ways and means. So they say, "These scholars do not understanding anything of current affairs, fiqh ul-waqi', all they know is this particular fiqh, that of women's menses and impurities."
So the purpose behind this is to separate the youth from the scholars, for when they have achieved such a separation between the youth and the scholars who give them understanding of the religion of Allaah, it then becomes possible for them to make them confused and enter them into whatever ideas they wish. And in such a manner have succeeded, because they have separated the society from this particular scholar or that one.
And the mischief-makers are capable of spreading whatever ideas they wish amongst the youth because when the minds of the youth are corrupted, they fall into errors by which they harm themselves, the society they live in and the da'wah too. This is because these youth begin to seek understandings from each other, reading the hadeeths to one another and extracting the rulings from them (by themselves), and then begin implementing all this, in their views and in their desires. Yet if they had returned to the scholars, they would have explained all of this to them.
And the Khawarij, when they read the hadeeth, "One who fornicates, does not do so while he is a believer
", they said that such a one is a disbeliever, and they built their principle upon this. However, if there was a scholar amongst them, he would have said, "Come, there is another hadeeth, reported by Abu Dharr himself, "Whoever dies upon Tawhid will enter Paradise, even if he fornicated and stole."
Therefore, the scholars are the ones who explain matters to the youth. But as for these people, then they cause doubts about the key figures of the Ummah, their goal being to separate the youth from the scholars so that they eventually do not understand anything and then begin to follow them in whatever they desire." (al-Furqan no. 101)
Allaamah Muqbil al-Wadi'ee said in "Our Da'wah",
- We oppose those who are arrogant and claim that the callers to Allaah are Wahhaabiyyah agents. And we know that their filthy intention is that they wish to place an obstruction between the common-folk and the people of knowledge.
- Our da'wah and our 'aqeedah is more beloved to us than our own selves, our wealth and our offspring. So we are not prepared to part with it for gold, nor silver. We say this so that no one may have hope in buying out our da'wah, nor should he think that it is possible for him to purchase it from us for deenaar and dirham. Since the politicians already know this about us, so they have despaired of buying it from us with granted positions or wealth.
- We love the governments in accordance to what they have of goodness, and we hate them for what they have of evil. And we do not permit revolting against them, except if we have seen clear disbelief from them about which we have a proof from Allaah, with the condition that we are capable of that, and that there not be any civil strife between the Muslims and their opponents. Since rulers portray those who revolt against them as spies causing corruption. And thereupon, other conditions come in, refer to our other books...
1. Modified from points 25 to 27 in the pdf found [url=http://troid.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=715&Itemid=442]here[/url].
2. For more on this topic plz. refer [url=http://salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?forum=31&topic=10961]"Takfeer alone does NOT give a license to publicly criticize or revolt against the Rulers"[/url].